- Skittles “Touch the Rainbow” work by BBDO in March used a low-fi technique as users “watch[ed] as their finger played a starring role in five humor-packed online commercials.” It won a Cyber Gold Lion at Cannes in June.
- Spike Lee’s composer, Terence Blanchard, picks his five favorite soundtracks from the last quarter century.
- Cinema journalist Benjamin B, author of a new book from the ASC Press, analyzes how Hitchcock shot his romances like a murder.
- Saskia Wilson-Brown, who co-produces and co-curates the Cinema Speakeasy which started in Los Angeles, published Golden Rules to Running an Independent Film Screening Series.
- Wacom has a new product called Inkling that transfers sketch work to vector graphics using a pressure-sensitive pen; this will be quite a game changer for motion graphics workflow and creativity.
[Dailies] Fingers, Soundtracks, Kisses, Rules, Pens
Part of a series of posts about great film, web, or design artists and their work abuzz online and in-person.
More From This Author
- [Dailies] Marketing Checklist for Side Projects, Copyright Law For Artists, Design System for Websites
- Viral Marketing Videos for Purple, Squatty Potty, and Dollar Shave Club
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s New “Music Film” Helps “Get The Job Done”
- [Dailies] Pandora, Smashing Magazine, Milwaukee Ballet
- Behind the Controversial Budweiser, Audi, and 84 Lumber Super Bowl Ads