Frame.io is the world’s most popular video collaboration platform, used by over 120,000 filmmakers and media pros just like you.
Frame.io allows you to upload all your source media, work in progress clips, and assets into private workspaces where you can invite your team and clients to collaborate. We replace the hodgepodge of Dropbox for file sharing, Vimeo for video review, and Email for communication, but that’s just a start. Now you can take Frame.io with you wherever you go.
We built Frame.io because…
* Managing 100 private Vimeo passwords sucks.
* Your clients’ cryptic feedback of “that thing around 12 seconds” never made sense.
* Trudging through your email to find that download link from that person for that file from last week. Ugh.
* It’s 10PM and you don’t know if your edit was approved (or even viewed).
* It’s 11PM and now you have to export and compress your edit in 25 different formats.
Forget all that madness. We can do better. So. Much. Better. Frame.io has awesome tools for video pros to save you time and money. Things like…
* Time based comments and video annotations so you can draw directly on video frames to accurately communicate your feedback.
* Video transcoding in the cloud so you can upload any video format and never worry about playback compatibility. It’ll just work.
* Version control so you can see what your project looked like 1 version ago or 100 versions ago.
* Comment Replay - loops a 4 second range around any comment so you can get a sense of what it means in context.
* TouchScrub - just slide your finger over a thumbnail to preview.
* 3D Touch Support with Peek and Pop
* Touch ID for added security
Most importantly, it’s super simple to use and gorgeously designed.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm