Try out the new Pro Filmmaker Apps site!
THE ORIGINAL VHS APP! It’s 1985, and you’ve got a camcorder! It’ll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking videos to friends. They’ll swear you built a time machine: “OMG, how’d you shoot that?”
VHS Camcorder shoots videos that look and sound like videotape recordings that have been in storage for 30 years. Remember that birthday when Dad pulled out the huge camcorder and chased everyone around with it? Or that Little League game when you struck out in front of all the girls? And who could forget the day of that embarrassing school play when you fell off the stage? We know you’ve been absolutely dying to relive those moments… and now you can!
“That’s freakin’ amazing!” -Everyone
Here’s Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Impress that girl you’re obsessed with by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Make your kids’ incredibly boring school plays actually watchable
• The only app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Shoot your own found footage movie and become a big Hollywood director like all those other guys did
• Create videos of your kids that look like videos from your childhood
• Too young to have lived through the 80s? Recapture your non-existent memories by shooting terrible awesome videos
What VHS Camcorder Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST app for simulating old videotape recordings
• The most beautiful tape noise, static and tracking distortion the world has ever seen
• On-screen date and time graphics—you know, when cameras actually did that
• Fake the on-screen date so people think you’re way younger—or older—than you really are
• Add really awful title graphics (FLASHING TOO!) with the built-in titler
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Control the effect during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Don’t think we forgot to make things sound bad—we didn’t
• Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
• Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting and sharing clips
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Pro Filmmaker Apps" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the [Pro Filmmaker Apps]. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm