Nothing should stand between directors and their ideas. Storyboards 3D lets you author your storyboards yourself, without the need for any drawing abilities.
Storyboards 3D is a totally new storyboarding app with a breakthrough user interface.
Storyboards 3D features:
- All content is in 3D.
- 3 rendering styles for your storyboards
- Exports to PDF via email
- Storyboards can be moved/copied to another iPad through the native format export
- Overview mode lets you rearrange the order of the shots
- Characters, props and decors can be positioned in all directions
- Low and high angle shots, extreme close ups
- Accessories (such as guns, glasses, hats) stick to the characters when you move them or change their position
- You can change the outfit, the position, the face expression of characters
- Intuitive 3D gestures for positioning and rotating characters and props
- In-app store with tens of packs (and more coming)
- Arrows, effects, backgrounds
- Photos can be inserted in your shots
- Text blocks and speech bubbles
- Audio can be recorded for each shot and played back when viewing the storyboard
iPad 1: we’re terribly sorry but after our last usability tests we have decided to remove the support for the iPad 1.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to backup your storyboards periodically or before updating the app.
Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a problem or a crash, we’re dedicated to improving the app and making it as perfect as possible.
About the Photos location tracking: we’re not keeping any information about your location. Since your photos may contain information about your location, Apple’s SDK requires that we ask for your permission to display them and use them within the app (for example as backgrounds). Once again, we do nothing with this info.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm