The SketchUp Mobile Viewer brings 3D models to life on your iPad or iPhone allowing you to open and view SketchUp models any time, anywhere, on the device you want to view them on.
Version 3 now includes a Tape Measure tool plus added support for viewing Dimensions, Text and Section Planes and Scene Animations!
Explore and share 3D models:
• Download models to your device from your 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect or Dropbox account for seamless offline viewing
• Transfer your SketchUp models directly to the app via iTunes, open SketchUp models directly from email attachments, or open files from other cloud service apps like Google Drive.
• Navigation features include multi-touch gestures for Orbit, Look Around, Pan, Zoom, and Zoom Extents, as well as a Camera menu with options for toggling between Perspective and Orthographic camera modes, and adjusting the Field of View.
• Use the Scenes menu to select from any of the standard camera views (top, side, bottom, etc.) or access the custom Scenes that you created in SketchUp. The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
• Use the Layers panel to toggle the contents of your SketchUp model layers on or off.
• Use the View panel to choose from any of SketchUp’s Face styles and to toggle X-Ray mode on or off. The view menu also offers visibility toggles for Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts and Axes.
• Use the Tape Measure tool to quickly measure objects in your SketchUp model.
For more information, visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (iPad Mini 2nd Gen or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 403 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm