ShotList brings an editable Production Stripboard to your mobile device, as used for many years in the film industry to plan every scene of a shoot. It also helps track your progress, shot-by-shot, on the day.
Developed in co-operation with an award-winning video production company, Shotlist places an essential tool in the hands of anyone putting together a scripted movie or video shoot.
ShotList stores the details, locations and notes for each scene and shot, in an easily viewable and editable form. Use it to break down a script and plan out a multi-day shoot in advance – it will always be with you whenever you need to make an urgent change.
“A top-notch organizational app for filmmakers.”- AppAdvice.com
“Don’t let the simple interface give you the wrong idea. ShotList includes just about any feature you would need”- HandHeldHollywood.com
“A wonderful alternative to an overflowing binder.” This_And_That, US
“A great way to organize your shoot and keep your crew on the same page” Carol Radford, US
• Add, edit, delete or re-order your scenes across multiple shooting days, right from your mobile device.
• Ensure you don’t miss a vital scene or shot, by tracking progress as you go.
• Stored notes for each scene, including hotlinks for instant dial-up of critical phone numbers and web addresses (such as location contacts, weather reports, or tide timetables).
• Store up to 26 shots per scene, with storyboard images, notes, shot type, angle, movement, camera and status.
• Keep your team informed of changes, by emailing them a detailed PDF or oneline schedule directly from the app.
• Backup your work, or exchange updated project files with other ShotList users on your team, using Dropbox.
• Export and Import data as .xls, to edit with your desktop spreadsheet.
• Print directly to an AirPrint-compatible printer.
To discover all the tips and tricks and get the most from this app, please view the User Guide at Solubleapps.com.
The development of ShotList was part-financed by Northern Film & Media.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm