Screenplay receives 10 out of 10 on The iPhone App Review !
Screenplay is reviewed on Creative Screenwriting Magazine 2010 January/February issue.
Black Mana Studios is now an official technology partner of Final Draft Inc., creators of the industry-standard Final Draft production suite. Naturally, this strengthens our commitment to the FDX format, and we are working on implementing extended support for this format and Final Draft software.
Black Mana Studios’ Screenplay is the world’s first fully-functional mobile screenwriting application. It allows professionals and hobbyists alike to write complete movie and television screenplays directly on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
We went to great lengths to make screenwriters feel right at home with our creation. Using Screenplay, you can write anywhere between a single scene and a full movie. On the train, during a boring meeting or simply in bed – don’t let a good scene be forgotten!
Version 1.1 features:
* Stability and performance - The app was written from scratch with older iPhones and iPod Touch in mind. The screen tilt issue is completely solved and the app runs smoothly.
* Import and Export to FDX - The industry standard FDX format was created by Final Draft. Screenplay supports the script component inside Final Draft 8(FDX is supported by Final Draft 8 and above only), meaning you can import and export screenplays to and from your iPhone/iPod, and then continue to work where you left off.
* Import and Export to and from Celtx and other screenwriting software via text format.
* Import from URL or Online Storage - Version 1.1 supports importing Final Draft 8 FDX and formatted TXT files from a URL. Additionally, a dedicated screenplay storage account is currently provided completely free of charge to our users. We may change the nature of the service in future versions, so be sure to experiment with it.
* iPhone OS 3.0 Text Features - Cut/Copy/Paste, magnifying glass, auto-complete - all supported.
* New, innovative and intuitive interface - Created by professional screenwriters for screenwriters, with touch screen in mind. See the screenshots on our website.
* Standard screenplay formatting – both on screen and in the exported file.
* Character name auto-complete – once you introduce characters into the script, you never have to type their name again!
* One click character rename throughout the entire script.
* Drag-and-drop scene reordering – keeps the contents intact!
* Lock the screen to either landscape or portrait mode – type comfortably in bed!
For support and full PDF manual please visit our website at www.blackmana.com/iphone
We are committed to our users - if you have a feature that you want added or a bug that needs our attention, please don’t hesitate and post about it on our forums at:
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm