OptimumCS-Pro is the unique Optimum Camera Settings tool for imaging professionals - for photographers, cinematographers and videographers. As a professional, you spend a fortune on quality optics - OptimumCS-Pro helps you use that expensive gear to its full potential.
- Don’t waste time performing depth of field calculations. Instead, specify the depth of field you want and let the app determine the best camera settings to use.
- Easily find the settings that give maximum image sharpness for the shot you’ve composed.
- Know how sharp your image will be before you’ve even shot it.
- Use info on image sharpness to make creative decisions to shoot at other than optimal settings.
- Enjoy the fastest, most intuitive operation imaginable.
- Feel confident knowing that’s it’s all based on solid, empirically tested optical science.
In almost all imaging work, OptimumCS-Pro is far superior to depth of field calculators. It alone gets the workflow right: The imaging professional decides what depth of field he/she wants and sets that in OptimumCS-Pro. The app instantly displays the focus distance and aperture that minimise the combined effects of defocus blur and diffraction, for the sharpest image across the desired depth of field that the laws of physics will allow (and therefore, in all cases, sharper than what is achieved via traditional practice).
OptimumCS-Pro also displays image sharpness information, including data on shooting at other than optimal settings. Can’t shoot at the optimum aperture, because, for example, you need a faster shutter speed afforded by a wider aperture? You’ll know exactly what the effect of your decisions will be.
OptimumCS-Pro retains the elegant, uncluttered interface of OptimumCS and adds options to configure that interface to better meet individual needs:
- Several different distance scales, emphasising near or far distances, are available, as is one for use with Hansma’s focus shift method in large format photography.
- User-definable focal length presets allow lightning-fast focal length selection.
- Information on image sharpness can be displayed in terms of blur spot diameter (akin to circle of confusion, but with the effects of diffraction included) or in line pairs per mm.
- Film/sensor sizes all the way up to 8x10 inch are accommodated, as are longer focal lengths.
OptimumCS-Pro’s instant results are perfect for creative professionals who don’t want their tools to get in the way of their work or their art.
For further information on the right tool for the job, check out "Best Practice in Working With Depth of Field" at www.georgedouvos.com
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm