MapAPic is a premium location scouting app for photographers and film makers. It saves you time and effort by organizing all your shoot locations in one place, with geotags, hi-res pics, sunrise and sunset times, your tags and notes, and more. Streamline your workflow with MapAPic, so you can spend more time creating!
NEW: Create locations from your existing pictures! The app can now use the geotag data from your photos (if found) to create location records for those images.
NEW: If you back up your phone with iTunes, the MapAPic database is now included in the backup.
If you want to try MapAPic for free, please download MapAPic Lite!
——- Our Users Say ———-
Definitely best app of its kind.
— Michael Weber
I’d highly recommend it for anyone who doesn’t already have a location app. The normal asking price is a bargain.
Awesome app!!! Going to make location scouting a lot more convenient!
just purchased your app. BRILLIANT! :) thanks so much!
Map-a-Pic is faster than Evernote in that it does specifically what it’s designed to do.
• Instantly save any location, with photos, GPS coordinates
• NEW! Create locations from existing pictures using their geotag data
• Get the times of sunrise, sunset, and the Magic hour for your saved locations, and for your present position!
• Add up to 10 hi-res pictures for each location, using the camera or from the photo library
• Search your locations
• Tag and “favorite” locations to organize them
• View saved locations as a list or on a map
• Email your locations
• Share your locations with other users of Map-A-Pic
• Get directions to any location
• Share locations on Instagram and Twitter
• Street address is auto-detected for the locations you save
Contact Us. We love your feedback, and we are listening.
• You can send an email from within the app (from the Options tab).
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/mapapic
• Be friends with us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/mapapic
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm