Whether you are writing an entire novel, a short story, or even articles for submission to magazines, Manuscript for iPad takes care of the details and lets you focus on writing. This all-in-one writing app will take you from pitch to a publication ready document, in four easy steps:
1. Pitch - Begin with a several sentences long description of your manuscript’s main idea.
2. Synopsis - Create a longer description that is based on your manuscripts’ major plot developments.
3. Chapter Outline - Create empty chapters and outline them according to your synopsis.
4. With the detail from your pitch, synopsis, and chapter outlines, you begin to write the content of each chapter.
Manuscript for iPad can be used for more than stories and novels. Use it at your next production meeting for brainstorming or story boarding. Keep it handy during meetings for note taking, and use the index card to organize your thoughts and goals.
As you are writing, Manuscript for iPad puts you in control of every aspect of your manuscript, from start to finish:
• Create a storyboard with color-coded index cards.
• Rearrange the index cards to organize each part of your plot and character development.
• Easily add, edit, reorder and summarize chapters.
• Track your page count and word count
• Choose from several paper types to write on.
• Import or export an existing manuscript with Dropbox.
• Easily convert any textual document to a format that can be imported into Manuscript for iPad.
• Built in web tools for research, such as Wikipedia, Google, dictionary and Thesaurus.
Also available - Manuscript for Mac! It is fully compatible with both the iPhone and iPad versions. It contains many additional features and improvements. Get it now on the Mac App Store.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm