Best App for Index Card Writers - Peter Meyers, Author, Best iPad Apps
★★★★★ “I love your program!!!! Great for screenwriting.” — Jesse Alexander, Emmy-winning Co-Executive Producer, Lost
Capture. Organize. Compile.
Index Card is a simple, but powerful, non-linear writing tool designed specifically for the iPad. Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you. Organize the flow of your project by using a familiar corkboard interface. Compile your work into a single draft document that can be read by most word processors. Index Card will assist in writing, structuring, and managing a large project by allowing you to work in small easily manageable chunks. Whether you are a novelist, screen writer, academic researcher, comic writer, or journalist, Index Card can help you get it out of your brain and on to the page.
★★★★★ “The best iPad app for tv writers around, bar none!” — Bill Fordes, Emmy Nominated Co-Executive Producer, Law & Order
• Projects: Maintain multiple separate projects, each made up of its own cards.
• Cards: Each card is a piece of your project, such as a movie scene, piece of dialog, book chapter, or source material. Cards contain a title, synopsis, and label color.
• Corkboard: Visually arrange the flow of your project with the tip of a finger. Touch-and-hold a card to drag it to a new location and surrounding cards will automatically reorder.
• Outline: Alternative view of your project. Tap a row to open it for editing. Delete rows or drag and drop to reorganize. The search bar allows you to quickly find all the cards in the current project. The bottom tool bar will display character and word count for the project.
• Export: Save an RTF copy of your project to your computer via iTunes File Sharing
• Mail: Email the current version of your project without leaving the app
• Dropbox: Import / Export projects with the popular online file sharing service
• Scrivener: Sync your project with the award-winning Mac OS X app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
★★★★★ Your 5-star iTunes ratings and reviews make updates possible. ★★★★★
Thanks for buying my app!
Like the app? Tell your friends.
• Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/DenVog
• Become a fan on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/DenVog
See room for improvement? Let us know by visiting www.denvog.com/support. Your feedback will help us make the app better for everyone!
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm