Voiceover artists…your app is finally here!
Never a miss another voiceover audition with iAudition - designed for the iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. You can record, edit and send your auditions from wherever you are, without the need for a recording studio or computer. And the best part? Your sent audio files arrive as MP3s!
iAudition is not only the perfect app for voiceover artists, but also a great solution for journalists, students, and anyone else looking for a great iOS recording app. No matter where you are, you can take out your iDevice and record high quality audio, make quick edits using familiar functions and send them to anyone via email or FTP site. The audio file arrives as an MP3 file and can be instantly played on virtually any computer, mobile device or tablet.
* The iAudition interface is plain and simple for a reason: It’s all you need. Launch the app and hit record—that’s it!
* Need a breather? Pause your recording and resume when you’re ready
* Start new files anytime to edit later
* Record multiple takes, then edit out what you don’t need
* One take wonder? No problem; just hit Send after recording and off it goes.
* Not in the Voiceover industry? iAudition is also a full featured audio recorder usable by anyone looking for simple controls and excellent audio quality…not to mention the ability to have your audio files received as MP3’s!
No more fussing trying to figure out how to edit
* Simply highlight, cut, copy or paste…like you would with any recording and editing software
* Save your edited auditions as a new file or overwrite your old file
* Undo edits just like you would on your computer
Other great features:
* Setup your FTP site complete with username, password and even folder preference for quick uploading to your own, or someone else’s FTP site
* Choose contacts to send your files to using your Contacts list; or, simply start typing, and iAudition will auto-complete for you, using your own Address Book
* Customize your message-just like any other email-prior to sending
* Cut, Copy, Paste, Redo, Undo in Edit mode for convenient editing
* Pinch to zoom and swipe to scroll in Edit mode to easily navigate your recording
* Make precise edits with the selection bar
* Highlight portions of your audio as needed
* Transfer your recordings as WAV files using your WiFi Network**
Great Tip: For those of you who use Voices.com, you can use iAudition to record your audition from anywhere! When you’re done recording, simply email the audition to yourself; once you get back to your computer, simply upload the file when auditioning online.
* Please Note: Some services have a limited on email size. The average MP3 file size is around 1MB per minute; so make sure that your file is not larger than what is allowed, or your email may be rejected.
* When sending files longer than 2 minutes, we recommend using a WiFi network; sending files will work using 3G, but will go much faster with WiFi.
* For best results, we recommend keeping audio files under 15 minutes in length.
* iPod Touch models 3G and earlier require an external microphone for use.
** Audio Files will be sent as MP3s only when emailed or uploaded to FTP servers.
For documentation, walk-through videos and more information, please visit iauditionapp.com.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm