The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely, view your photos and videos and share your favorites.(1) You can adjust camera settings and use your phone or tablet as a viewfinder to frame the perfect shot. Trim videos to create short clips(2) or pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing.(1) HiLight Tag allows you to mark key moments while recording so they’re easier to find later.(3) You can also watch the GoPro Channel and wirelessly update your camera software for the best performance.(4)
* New: Pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing.
* New: Now compatible with Apple Watch — preview shots, control your camera(5) and add HiLight Tags
* Create short video clips and share them to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more(1)
* Get full remote control of all camera functions
* See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
* Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag(3)
* View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll for easy playback of your video highlights(3)
* View your photos and play back your videos(1)
* Copy and save photos and videos(1) to your phone or tablet
* Browse and delete files on your camera’s microSD card
* Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the best GoPro videos from across the globe
* View the GoPro Photo of the Day
* Wirelessly update your camera software(4)
—- Camera Compatibility —-
* HERO3 (requires camera software update, see http://gopro.com/update)
* HERO+ LCD
—- System Requirements —-
+ iPhone: iOS 8
+ Apple Watch: WatchOS 2.0 or higher; HERO3 model or newer. (No official support for HERO2 with Apple Watch; Preview not supported for HERO3 or HERO2 with Wi-Fi backpack).
+ Cameras: Any Wi-Fi enabled GoPro camera (HERO2 with Wi-Fi backpack or newer).
(1) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only.
(2) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatible with iOS (8 or later) and Android (version 4.3 or later).
(3) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD and HERO+ cameras only.
(4) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD, HERO+ and HERO3+ cameras only.
(5) Mode selection using Apple Watch is available for Video, Photo, Burst Photo and Time Lapse Photo modes only.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm