Dream will amplify your filmmaking talents to new heights. Design a poster, write an outline and create storyboards without knowing how to draw so you can focus on what’s important, being creative.
Perfect for students and hobbyists interested in the entertainment industry. Dream will help you get an even better understanding of the pre production process. Of which is the foundation of any good film or video project. In no time it will also serve as an indispensible tool for professional directors, writers, editors, DP’s, producers, art directors, animators or storyboard artists looking to master their craft.
Explore editing techniques to expand your knowledge of cinematic story telling. Enhance your ability to pre visualize your films before they are made. Experiment with composition, rhythm and emotion. But most importantly, have fun in pushing this great medium into a new frontier.
* Upload PNG transparent images from Photoshop.
* Add your own actors and erase the background. 3 come included but upload as many as you want.
* Add your own sets. 7 come included but upload as many as you want.
* Poster Design, capture your audiences imagination with a single image.
* NEW RGB color picker, a unique way to choose from millions of colors. No one else has this.
* Write an Outline by creating scenes and arranging them to your liking.
* Multicam Editing, an innovative and intuitive way to create and edit your storyboards. Swipe, cut, delete, play or zoom in and out of the timeline.
* When creating storyboards, move the 2D actors inside a 3D space.
* X-port and email a PDF of your notes and storyboards.
* Project info, at a glance see how ambitious your project is. Check the total running time of the storyboards, how many scenes in your project, number of locations and number of actors.
* Everything is connected. When you add, delete, modify or rearrange a scene in Outline view that change is reflected in Multicam view.
KNOWN ISSUE: Very heavy photos such as the ones taken from an iPhone may cause a slowness or crash when uploading and deleting the actor background.
SOLUTION: Take a ‘screen capture’ of the image in your photo library by holding the “home” button then pressing the “power/sleep” button. Add the ‘screen captured’ image into the actor library and it’ll be much quicker for it to load and erase the background.
**Slight learning curve, visit us at www.Plai.tv to watch the Dream Filmmaker tutorials**
We care about your experience. Always feel free to email us at Support@Plai.tv if you have any questions, suggestions, complaints or whatever comes to mind. For more info visit us at www.Plai.tv to see Dream in action.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm