Note: This app does not support iPad Generation 1.
Dale Grahn Color for iPad brings photographers and filmmakers a powerful new way to sharpen their color correction skills.
Designed by legendary film color timer Dale Grahn, this app lets you watch as Dale masterfully shapes color, density, and saturation to create stunning images.
Leaving behind color wheels, scopes, and other digital conveniences, Dale challenges you to re-create his color grade by eye - learning to "think color". Can you match the master? Try to match Dale’s color grade, and see how close you can get. Use the simple, analog-style controls to practice with Dale, and then use the same controls to work with any photo in your iOS album.
With Dale Grahn Color, you can:
• Learn how to create striking images naturally - no filters required. Whether you are a working colorist or just starting out, you’ll find Dale’s approach to be refreshing, fun, and occasionally mind-blowing.
• Uncover the natural beauty in your photos. When you take a photograph, your job is only partly done. In most cases, it then takes subtle shaping of color and density to reveal the full story. Dale demonstrates how a few tiny changes can yield stunning results.
• Practice and learn techniques. Can you match the master? See how Dale shaped the image, and then try to re-create the look yourself. Learn to "think color" using the same simple controls that Dale used to create the look of Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, and dozens of other films. 21 lessons, 3 difficulty levels.
• Get instant scoring and stats. Complete a color challenge with Dale, and immediately find out how you did. See what you missed, and what devious tricks Dale had up his sleeve.
• Watch 20 exclusive video tutorials with Dale Grahn. Can’t quite figure out how Dale did it? Look over his shoulder as he describes, step by step, his approach to the image and why he did what he did. It’s an unusual opportunity to watch a craftsman at work.
• Try out your new skills on your own photos. Use the same powerful interface to work with any photo in your iOS photo album. Amaze your friends, delight your clients, and frustrate your rivals.
Note: This app requires access to Vimeo. Tutorial videos will not display in countries that do not have access to Vimeo.
Did we miss something? Suggest an app:
"Apps for Pro Filmmakers" is a curated database of professional filmmaking apps that can help you get a job done a little better or a little faster. This is a regularly updated resource of 400 (and counting) mobile, tablet, watch, and now desktop apps. We only include apps made for and used by film, television, and digital media professionals.
"FWD:labs carries the most complete listing of linked professional apps I know besides of the fragmented Android Market (google play) and the iPhone App Store. I suspect it is a tenuous work to compile and link all proven working apps and much more your site offers. I thank you for sharing such complete list of iPhone and android apps for the cinematographer and the entertainment industry in general. I could not pass the opportunity let know my readers about your meticulous resource."FILMCAST
"[R]idiculously useful compendium"Directors Notes
"I thought [FWD:labs] had put together a useful list when I saw it last year, but that was nothing compared to now. If you're a filmmaker and looking for a little portable help in pre/production/post then chances are you'll find it in the Apps for Cinema Artists. I know I can be a little iPhone-centric when it comes to these things, but you’ll be pleased to know the list is completely platform agnostic."Directors Notes
Pretty much every iPhone or Android App you'll ever need/want if you're a filmmakerJosh Mandel @JMMandel
Great list of apps for cinematographers, directors and any A.D.'sMystery Directrix @MysteryDirectrx
Just stumbled on this great list of useful apps for filmmakersIndieground Films @indiegroundfilm